Indian media is ranked second worst media in the world for the reasons best.The Ironical Media coverage and usual biased operation sunk the once high standard media reporting in india. Call it a money or power game or call it a political dominance. Indian media started stooping low every coming year.
Moving to the todays topic to my article...I have been hardest critic of Maratha Reservation. Also, wrote heavily against it. But there are few facts which I am compelled to mention.
1. Lacks of people belonging to Maratha caste gathered together to carry out peaceful march in favour of maratha reservation. Though I am not "for" this reservation, such peaceful protest never harms the society.
2. On the polarised coastlines of mumbai, in the city of Chennai we can find a similar scenario though motive behind both may be entirely different. Former protest is for protecting their caste later for their culture.(both of which I am critical of...)
3. Being in mumbai maharashtra I obviously get huge exposure to regional media(marathi media). So I have much detailed update of the maratha protest. But I also get all the minute details of Pro-Jallikattu protest sitting here in mumbai thanks to the national media. I doubt any single person sitting in any other part of India would have slightest of idea about maratha protest??I dont think so. An article or two in English daily TOI etc. nobody has covered maratha kranti morcha probably the largest gathering of peaceful protesters.
4. Now one ironical fact to mention here.Connect all the dots we would realise how biased the national media has been when it came to maharashtra or to be precise my marathi people.
5. Sitting here in mumbai they fill pages about jallikattu and turn nelsons eye to things happening in maharashtra. National media has always been Anti-marathi or anti-maharashtra. To add to the effect, our unity is well known everywhere. While all tamilians stroke together the line of unity and formed single column for jallikattu our hopeless politicians and our own marathi people as well have been devided into pieces. Issue of jallikattu with absolutely no gravity got national attention only because they stand in togetherness.
As a famous quote in hindi says, "दुनिया झुकती है झुकानेवाला चाहिये"
No comments:
Post a Comment